| Twelve-year-old Max moves into the picturesque town of Mayview and is plagued by strange visions and stranger people on his first day of school.
| Start Date
| End Date
| Followed By
|| Paranatural: Chapter 2
The first chapter of Paranatural, titled The Activity Club and the New Kid, began on 11/20/2010 and ended 10/15/2011, with a total of 70 pages. It was followed by Max and the Midnight Visitor.
- The chapter's cover features several allusions to the events of the chapter, including:
- A sunset, one of Max's first sights in Mayview.
- The sign on the Corner Store, Max's new home.
- The bridge that Max saw a black shade under.
- Mayview Middle School and a classroom.
- A Starchman Star.
- Assorted shades of spirits, most notably the Ravenous Gobbledydook that serves as this chapter's antagonist.
- A file in Spender's office shows that Max's first day in Mayview Middle School is 39 September 25, 20??. This makes his first day in Mayview September 24th.